How to make your websites, videos, images, and other media accessible for those who need it - from someone who knows.


Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Welcome to Accessibility Basics

Welcome to Accessibility Basics. This website is a project intended to assist Web content creators and programmers with information on how to make their websites, videos, images, and other media accessible for those who need it online.

This website will provide examples, statistics, research data and other information to help you help others experience the content you create to its fullest.

A Little About Me
My name is Megan Sparks and I created this website as a project for my TWC 421 - Principles of Writing with Technology class. I'm currently attending Arizona State University for a bachelor's degree in Technical Communication.

I am profoundly deaf and have worn hearing aids since I was four years old. I created the blog Hearing Sparks in 2009 in order to share information about hearing loss and my experiences. I work fulltime at a public library in Arizona, and part of my job duties include assisting with ADA accessibility and communicating via social media on behalf of the library.

I hope that you find this website useful in helping others!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, LOVE your banner logo. Excellent job, Megan. Second, congratulations on this wonderful project that will not only fulfill your school requirements but help many people too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete